Our company has gained the Film Friendly status as the result of participating in a training program organized by the Finnish Lapland Film Commission during the spring of 2013. This means that our personnel are ready and willing to accommodate any needs the production team may have while filming in our region. Welcome to realize your film in the Finnish Lapland!
Our representative in the area of the Kemi Tourism Ltd will give you the chance to concentrate on making the best film ever by arranging all the required side-services for your production. Let us know your targets and wishes, and you keep the focus on your production; we take care of the rest. We know Lapland and its people — we will bring our experience and expertise as well as our long-term co-operation with the companies in the area for your service.
Use our most experienced crew members’ passion and flexibility to help you achieve the best results ever. We have great settings and locations for your production right in our area, and resources to fill up your needs, in addition to a variety of other possibilities via wide co-operation network in Northern Finland.
Icebreaker Sampo offers a unique setting for film productions. The original equipment dating back to the 1960’s create a historic atmosphere. The icebreaker is capable of transferring a group of maximum 150 persons to the middle of the icy Gulf of Bothnia – one of the largest sea areas in all of Europe with thick ice covering. Film “the Antarctic” safely and comfortably in Finland!
The SnowCastle offers ready-made snow constructions, built with our unique “snow-how”. We are also happy to accommodate your production team with catering services, warm areas within the SnowCastle service point as changing rooms etc. Our construction team is also ready to create specific snow and ice constructions for the needs of your production.
The city of Kemi
Kemi offers great settings and locations for filming outside the winter season as well. Kemi is situated right by the sea and is easy to reach. Our partners have a good knowledge of the areas most suitable for filming. The active paper mills and industrial ports in Kemi provide an interesting urban industrial setting for your project.
We have long experience and great expertise in catering outdoors throughout the year. We can provide your lunch, snacks and beverages on location where-ever your production team is filming, incl. inside the premises of the SnowCastle and aboard the Icebreaker Sampo. We are experienced in catering from the smallest groups to the largest ones, up to 100-200 persons, both on our own premises and in the location of your choice.
Contact our certified Film Friendly personnel:
COMMUNICATIONS, PR & MARKETING
- 1988 – 2012: Icebreaker Sampo – TV & film groups from several countries
- 1996 – 2012: SnowCastle was the location for several music videos, commercials etc.
- 1998: SnowCastle – film reports & various programs by CNN, Sky Channel, Discovery, Deutsche Welle, BBC
- 1999: Susanna Rahkamo & Petri Kokko Ice Dance Show, filmed in the SnowCastle for international acclaim
- 2007: Icebreaker Sampo – “Nummer acht: Everything is going to be alright”, film by Guido van der Werven
- 2009: ABC channel´s morning show “Good Morning America”, live broadcasts from the SnowCastle
- 2012: “Tumman veden päällä” ”Above Dark Waters” (Finnish feature film), SnowCastle – one of the locations
- 2015: SnowCastle and Icebreaker Sampo – Tareq Taylor´s Nordic Coocery
- 2016: “Ice Hotels”, Travel Channel
- 2017: Icebreaker Sampo – “A la conquête des Océans”, France 5
- 2017: “Scandinavia 360”, Astro TV, Malesia
- 2017: “Le plein de sensations”, France 4
- 2017: “Extreme hotels”, Travel Channel
- 2017: “Meanwhile in Finland“, Dudesons
- 2018: “People in the polarnight”, ARD German
- 2018: NDR Ostseereport, German
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER